Monday, July 09, 2007

Attack of the Clones - The right way!

So, my dad pointed this out to me (and no comments about how long it's been since I posted - I know), and I loved it. Anyone who's about my age (26) may be familiar with a mid-90s T.V. show called Mystery Science Theater 3000. Well Mike Nelson (one of the writers), and Kevin Murphy has been reviving the comedy stylings of MST3K.

Their website, Rifftrax, has commentary tracks available for purchase that do sendups of various movies, some new some old. Today I decided to buy the commentary for Attack of the Clones. Yes, the movie sucked, but with Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, AND Chad Vader (if you don't know who Chad Vader is you REALLY need to follow the link), it becomes a whole lot more entertaining.

Now the commentary tracks would normally be played alongside the movie which is a bit of a downside. The commentary is commentary ONLY, unlike DVD commentaries which include the movie sound as well. I have figured out a way to burn a new DVD with the commentary AND the movie soundtrack synched so that you don't have to worry about syncing separate audio and video. I may post instructions in the near future, however I'm not entirely sure it's legal and one of the tools I got a LOT of use out of is Final Cut Studio which is $1300. Since I do a lot of video editing I already had it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are cheap or F/OSS products available that can accomplish the same thing. Instructions to come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home