Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Return of the King...

Okay, I don't really consider myself to be a king, but I am returning from a long absence from my blog. I've been away for three weeks, and boy has it ever been crazy. I went to my grandfather's house for the fourth of July. Independence Day is his birthday and my grandparents just happen to live a block away from the site of the biggest Independence Day celebration in Utah. So, that was fun.

We stayed for a couple more weeks after the fourth because my cousin was getting married on the 20th. I've never been involved in wedding preparations before, and I had no idea how much work it was. Being LDS the wedding required very little on our part. The wedding was held in the LDS temple in Salt Lake City, and there was no decorating or anything required for that (it also doesn't cost anything other than gas to get there). All we really had to do was get ready for the reception, and I couldn't believe how much work that was. I'm almost dreading when I get married just based on how stressful that was for everyone. I have also decided that I will not be involving my grandmother. She personally caused a good deal of the stress that we were all feeling as she was feeling stressed and decided that we all needed to share. But, it's all over now...until next month when another cousing is getting married. This time I'm not getting there until a few days before the wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home