Thursday, September 15, 2005

School Daze

Well, la dee dah...I'm just trying to while away the last few minutes I have at work. I've only had to set up a few people today. I've mostly been reading "David Copperfield" by Charles Dickens for my British Literature class. It looks kind of daunting, but the book itself isn't bad. It has a very conversational tone, almost as if you were talking to David himself...and he won't shut up. I'm not bashing the book by any stretch, it's just a little on the long side. I would highly recommend it, however.

In consequence of reading some of these difficult to understand tomes in my Brit Lit class I've stumbled upon a great resource. SparkNotes.com is maintained by Barnes and Noble, and it is a great resource of information on literature as well as other topics like math and history. You can go into a Barnes and Noble and just buy the SparkNotes, or they have them available on line for free. They have a full chapter-by-chapter summary, a plot summary, analysis of major themes, and a detailed description of each major character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home